Corny Lettuce Salad Recipe
It takes no time to toss together the corn, lettuce and red peppers in my Corny Lettuce Salad. People love the sweet and tangy homemade dressing and the nutty crunch of poppy seeds. I've taken it to potlucks and picnics and it's gone in no time!
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1. In a salad bowl, toss the lettuce and corn. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, poppy seeds, onion, salt and mustard; gradually whisk in oil. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with red pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 187 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC