Corny Lettuce Salad Recipe
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- In a salad bowl, toss the lettuce and corn. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, poppy seeds, onion, salt and mustard; gradually whisk in oil. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with red pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Corny Lettuce Salad(3)
Sort By :
Delighted to find such a delicious, refreshing salad. The directions said nothing about cooking the corn, so I didn't. It was yummy!
Fresh and vibrant. The dressing is easy to whip up and very sweet. I may use a bit less sugar next time. It was a great change from the regular salad.
Took only a few minutes to prepare and it was gone in a few minutes.