Corny Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Crushed crackers and french-fried onions create this fast and flavorful topping for this home-style corn and green bean casserole from Dorothy Bahlmann. "It's a terrific dish to take to potluck dinners," remarks the Clarksville, Iowa cook.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans, thawed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups crushed Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers (about 36 crackers)
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions
- Combine beans, corn, soup, onion, sour cream, cheese, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with crackers and french-fried onions. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Corny Green Bean Casserole in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p14
Reviews for Corny Green Bean Casserole(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 10, 2008
I made this night this just because I wanted to try it. We really like it alot and will be something I make for family gatherings