I developed this recipe myself a few years ago. The bacon, onion, green pepper, hominy, eggs and cheese makes it a great combination for brunch. I like to serve portions of it along with slices of toast and glasses of juice.—Pamelyn Hooley, Goshen, Indiana
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove
- to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the
- drippings, saute onion and green pepper for 2-3 minutes or until
- tender. Add bacon.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, hominy, sour cream and pepper;
- stir until blended. Pour over bacon mixture; cook and stir over
- medium heat until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 274 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 352 mg cholesterol, 569 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.