Corny Eggs Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute onion and green pepper for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add bacon.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, hominy, sour cream and pepper; stir until blended. Pour over bacon mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 274 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 352mg cholesterol, 569mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein .
Reviews for Corny Eggs
"I can envision this dish on a warm tortilla with a half slice ofcheese and some Chalula sauce! It's on my list!"