I developed this recipe myself a few years ago. The bacon, onion, green pepper, hominy, eggs and cheese makes it a great combination for brunch. I like to serve portions of it along with slices of toast and glasses of juice.—Pamelyn Hooley, Goshen, Indiana
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute onion and green pepper for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add bacon.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, hominy, sour cream and pepper; stir until blended. Pour over bacon mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Corny Eggs in Country Woman March/April 2003, p35
Reviews for Corny Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2013
"I can envision this dish on a warm tortilla with a half slice ofcheese and some Chalula sauce! It's on my list!"