Corny Eggs Recipe
I developed this recipe myself a few years ago. The bacon, onion, green pepper, hominy, eggs and cheese makes it a great combination for brunch. I like to serve portions of it along with slices of toast and glasses of juice.—Pamelyn Hooley, Goshen, Indiana
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute onion and green pepper for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add bacon.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, hominy, sour cream and pepper; stir until blended. Pour over bacon mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Corny Eggs in Country Woman March/April 2003, p35
Reviews for Corny Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2013
"I can envision this dish on a warm tortilla with a half slice ofcheese and some Chalula sauce! It's on my list!"