Corny Corn Bread Recipe
Diana Leskauskas of Chatham, New Jersey bakes a big pan of this golden corn bread for her growing family. East moist square is chock-full of sweet kernels. Since the recipe makes a lot, it's handy for large gatherings...or use the leftovers in the two recipes that follow.
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in corn and onion.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 290 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 535 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Corny Corn Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC