Corny Coleslaw Recipe
Corn and cabbage are a different combo in this creamy coleslaw sprinkled with peanuts. "This salad is especially tasty when I use homegrown corn I've cut off the cob," reports Patrice Ehrlich of Merced California. It's inexpensive, too, at only 39¢ a serving.
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, corn and onion. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, mustard and salt. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Stir in peanuts just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 325 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 546 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC