Corny Coleslaw Recipe
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, corn and onion. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, mustard and salt. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Stir in peanuts just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 325 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 546 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Corny Coleslaw
"I quite often make this when I have company. It is always loved and I usually get asked for the recipe. It is a great salad. Although the peanuts are really good in the salad, I quite often leave it out if I think there will be leftovers. The peanuts get soggy overnight. But this salad is loved even by salad haters! It is a winner."