Corn and cabbage are a different combo in this creamy coleslaw sprinkled with peanuts. "This salad is especially tasty when I use homegrown corn I've cut off the cob," reports Patrice Ehrlich of Merced California. It's inexpensive, too, at only 39¢ a serving.
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, corn and onion. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, mustard and salt. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Stir in peanuts just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Corny Coleslaw in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p34
Reviews for Corny Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review