Corny Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Corn chips, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, picante sauce, chili powder and garlic powder. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Serve with corn chips, sour cream and cheese if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One 1-cup serving (prepared with lean ground beef; calculated without accompaniments) equals 408 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 1,311 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 2 starch.