Corny Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Corn chips, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, picante sauce, chili powder and garlic powder. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Serve with corn chips, sour cream and cheese if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Corny Chili
Sort By :
I love chili and trying out different chili recipes. This by far is one of my favorite chili recipes! So easy to put together and has great flavor.
A nice and easy crock pot chili that everyone enjoyed. We will be making this again!
I made this last Sunday, went over extremly well. I didn't put it in the slow cooker though, I didnt have that kind of time. I simmered it on the stove for about an hour. I also added some Macaroni noodles to it...jvery good, will make it again.
We pile our chili high with cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream, then scoop the perfect bite onto a corn chip. The entire family loves this dish. We make it nearly every month! It's got a great flavor and it's a fantastic way to sneak a few vegetables into the kids.
I served this for dinner, tripled the recipe and added three variety of beans, three different picante sauces, Most everyone took an additional serving, and I sent some home with two people. Great flavor!