Corny Chicken Bake
Glazed chicken breasts are baked with corn bread stuffing mix that’s jazzed up with creamed corn, onion and celery. ”My mother gave me this quick and delicious recipe after she received it from a friend,” says Barbara Ramstack of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. TIP: “The glaze recipe can be doubled for those who like a tangy taste,” Barbara notes.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 cups crushed corn bread stuffing
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, corn, onion and celery. Spoon
- into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and mustard; spoon
- over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or
- until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1 cup stuffing equals 535 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 1,073 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein.