- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine chicken, cheese, corn and chilies; place in greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a bowl, beat baking mix, egg yolks, milk and salt until smooth. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into yolk mixture. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until browned and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Corny Bread Bake in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p73
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Corny Bread Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review