Corny Bread Bake Recipe
My family used to turn up their noses at casseroles, but then I put this on the table. Everyone enjoyed the slightly spicy filling...and even asked when I could make it again!
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine chicken, cheese, corn and chilies; place in greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a bowl, beat baking mix, egg yolks, milk and salt until smooth. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into yolk mixture. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until browned and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Corny Bread Bake in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p73
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Corny Bread Bake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >