Cornmeal-Wheat Pancakes Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the butter, honey and cinnamon. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 12 pancakes (1/2 cup honey butter).
3 pancakes with 2 tablespoons honey butter equals 538 calories, 29 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 140 mg cholesterol, 1,141 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Cornmeal-Wheat Pancakes
"We love these pancakes! The cornmeal adds just a touch of sweetness and texture that makes these special."
"Great consistency! I liked the texture the cornmeal added. They were perfect with my plum syrup!"
"Excellent pancakes. I like the texture & flavor that the cornmeal adds. I didn't use the butter; I just topped them with blueberries. It's a keeper!"