Drizzled with a touch of honey butter, these tasty hotcakes will brighten your sweetie's morning...if the rest of the family doesn't get to them first. —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the eggs, buttermilk and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, honey and cinnamon. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 12 pancakes (1/2 cup honey butter).
Originally published as Cornmeal-Wheat Pancakes in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p25
Reviews for Cornmeal-Wheat Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review