Cornmeal Waffle Sandwiches Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Add milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in cheese.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into the batter.
- Bake 12 waffles in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
- Spread mayonnaise on six waffles; top each with bacon, tomato, salt, pepper and remaining waffles. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cornmeal Waffle Sandwiches(3)
Sort By :
We love this recipe. I often make it for a quick dinner. I usually double the recipe to feed my family and have enough leftovers for lunch the next day. I also do not separate my eggs. To lower the fat content I use 1T butter or Smart Balance and I will use bacon bits instead of bacon.
Fantastic, easy, and a wonderful change of pace. You won't be disappointed.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Breakfast Recipes >