Cornmeal Pie Recipe
"IF MAMA had time, she'd make these pies on Saturday night. She always made two so we could have one for dessert on Monday, too. One pie server our family very nicely, and there was never any left over."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add corn syrup, milk and vanilla; mix well. Fold in cornmeal and flour. Pour into pastry shells.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until set (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
1 serving (1 piece) equals 415 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cornmeal Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC