- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add corn syrup, milk and vanilla; mix well. Fold in cornmeal and flour. Pour into pastry shells.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until set (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
Reviews for Cornmeal Pie
"I found that I had to bake the pie on the 300o F. setting at 60 to 70 minutes to completely set! The pie baked at the 350o F. oven setting for 20 to 25 minutes. I added 1/8 tsp. salt to flour and cornmeal mixture. I used a knife to test filling for doneness-it should come out clean. All in all, these pies did come out well! delowenstein"