Cornmeal Pancakes Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Pancake syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cornmeal Pancakes(18)
Sort By :
Great texture and taste. Makes a huge batch!! The left overs heated up great the next day. I popped them in the toaster oven on warm for 15 min and flipped half-way thru.
These were wonderful! But take note, it makes A LOT of pancakes! They are best hot off the griddle. We made on a night when serving chili and not wanting to heat the oven for corn muffins. I d id take the suggestion of adding a tsp of vanilla. Very yummy, melt in your mouth!
I halved the recipe. Reduced the salt. Resist the urge to add extra sugar if you'll be using syrup. They were very fluffy--I did open a new can of baking powder, so if yours are not fluffy maybe you need a new can of BP or you over mixed the batter. The texture was weird for me because of the cornmeal grit. Delicious though. Will make again if I'm wanting non-traditional pancakes.
Fantastic recipe! This was my first recipe using cornmeal and I'm very impressed with the flavour. As I was making this for my little boy, I halved the recipe, reduced the salt and used melted butter. I was a little worried when the liquid mixture was a bit lumpy because the butter had solidified, but they came out perfect. I put a little butter on my son's pancake and he gobbled it down. Definitely making this again, this weekend!
With the initial recipe, I found these to be too salty and a little eggy. I did decrease the salt after reading prior reviews but they were still too salty. With several modifications they were amazing:
- doubled sugar to 4 tablespoons
- 2 egg whites instead of whole eggs
- 1/4 cup melted margarine instead of oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- i added maybe a tablespoon extra of milk and a tsp extra of margarine to compensate for the omitted egg yolks