I like to joke that these pancakes are so light, you have to hold them down! When we have a chance, we'll make them with freshly ground cornmeal bought at local festivals.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Pancake syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder
- and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and oil; stir into
- dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn
- when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden
- brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 467 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 1,063 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.