This dish perks up the dinner table. Its flavorful cornmeal/bread-crumb coating is a good variation form the usual.—Deborah Williams, Peoria, Arizona
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley or 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Place the buttermilk in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in buttermilk, then add to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes; drizzle with butter. Bake 30-40 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cornmeal Oven-Fried Chicken in Taste of Home February/March 2009, p33
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cornmeal Oven-Fried Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review