- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley or 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Place the buttermilk in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in buttermilk, then add to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes; drizzle with butter. Bake 30-40 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cornmeal Oven-Fried Chicken
Sort By :
"I agree that this could use a bit more seasoning, but the cornmeal coating was a hit with my kids and myself. I did put it under the broiler for about 5 minutes to darken the top."
"I just made this for my residents at the senior home that I work in as cook. They loved it. I did not change a thing, just doubled the recipe, though I did soak my chicken overnight in buttermilk."
"I was very disappointed after reading all the reviews. The breading was ok. I think it could have used a little more flavor and I would have liked it to crisp up a little bit more than it did. My family ate it but we all agreed it wasn't worth making again. I will continue on my journey to find a good chicken leg recipe."
"This was easy and delicious."
"This is now my go- to recipe for "fried chicken". I took the skin off of the chicken to make it a little healthier. My family loves it!"