Cornmeal Muffins Recipe
Corn bread is very popular in this part of the country as a complement to soup. These muffins are really easy to make and have good texture and flavor!
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Make a well in the center. Add the remaining ingredients; stir just until blended. Spoon into greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack; serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cornmeal Muffins in Country October/November 1991, p49
Reviews for Cornmeal Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review