Cornmeal Molasses Bread
You're sure to appreciate the nice texture and mild molasses flavor in this golden loaf. Elizabeth Betterman from Long Prairie, Minnesota shared the recipe.
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 106 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.