Cornmeal Molasses Bread Recipe
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Reviews for Cornmeal Molasses Bread(2)
Sort By :
I changed the recipe to add more whole grain. Increased the cornmeal to 1/2 cup, decreased bread flour to 2 cups, and added 3/4 cup whole wheat flour. It made a beautiful loaf that sliced well. Better texture tan most bread machine recipes. Delicious.
wonderful bread, smells great, firm texture without being hard and great taste. love it toasted.