Cornmeal Lime Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Holiday sprinkles
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, lime juice and peel. Combine flour and cornmeal; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into two 12-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Shape each roll into a square-shaped log. Freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap logs and cut into 3/8-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 11-14 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Combine confectioners' sugar and lime juice; spread over cookies. Decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: 8 dozen.
1 cookie: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Cornmeal Lime Cookies
"I subbed in lemon juice and lemon zest for the lime and these were absolutely delicious. I made them for Thanksgiving day, but my family liked them so much they kept eating them before the holiday!"