Cornmeal Lime Cookies Recipe
Here’s something a little different for your platter of Christmas sweets. Cornmeal gives these light cookies crunch, and the tart lime glaze tops them off perfectly.—Wendy Rusch, Fall Creek, Wisconsin
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Holiday sprinkles
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, lime juice and peel. Combine flour and cornmeal; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into two 12-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Shape each roll into a square-shaped log. Freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap logs and cut into 3/8-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 11-14 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Combine confectioners' sugar and lime juice; spread over cookies. Decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: 8 dozen.
Reviews for Cornmeal Lime Cookies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC