Cornmeal Lime Cookies
Here’s something a little different for your platter of Christmas sweets. Cornmeal gives these light cookies crunch, and the tart lime glaze tops them off perfectly.—Wendy Rusch, Fall Creek, Wisconsin
96 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + freezing Bake: 12 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Holiday sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg, lime juice and peel. Combine flour and cornmeal; gradually
- add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two 12-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate
- 30 minutes. Shape each roll into a square-shaped log. Freeze 1 hour
- or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap logs and cut into 3/8-in. slices.
- Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 11-14
- minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and lime juice; spread over cookies.