My family loves the taste and texture of corn bread, so I knew I had to try this recipe. I hope your family enjoys these golden hotcakes as much as my family does!
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing Cook: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespooons vegetable oil
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, separated
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda, sugar and salt. In
- another bowl, beat buttermilk, oil and egg yolk; stir into dry
- ingredients. Beat egg white until stiff peaks form; fold into
- batter. Let stand 10 minutes. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a
- lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of
- pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 16