- 1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespooons vegetable oil
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, separated
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda, sugar and salt. In another bowl, beat buttermilk, oil and egg yolk; stir into dry ingredients. Beat egg white until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Let stand 10 minutes. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 16 pancakes.
Originally published as Cornmeal Hotcakes in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p40
Reviews for Cornmeal Hotcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review