Cornmeal Drop Biscuits Recipe
It's so easy to stir up a batch of these biscuits. The light golden biscuits are flecked with cheese and taste delicious spread with butter.—Rhonda McKee, Greensburg, Kansas
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and mustard; cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in cheese and milk just until moistened.
- 2. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 26-28 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving equals 210 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cornmeal Drop Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC