It's so easy to stir up a batch of these biscuits. The light golden biscuits are flecked with cheese and taste delicious spread with butter.—Rhonda McKee, Greensburg, Kansas
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and mustard; cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in cheese and milk just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 26-28 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Cornmeal Drop Biscuits in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p7
Reviews for Cornmeal Drop Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review