To help breading adhere to the fish, pat fillets dry and coat lightly with flour before dipping in egg and dredging in cornmeal coating. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before frying.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the egg and lemon juice. In another
- shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, Cajun seasoning, garlic
- powder and salt. Dip catfish into egg mixture, then coat with
- cornmeal mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Fry fillets, two at a
- time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with
- a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 430 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 568 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a