Cornmeal-Crusted Catfish Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the egg and lemon juice. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and salt. Dip catfish into egg mixture, then coat with cornmeal mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Fry fillets, two at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 430 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 568 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.