- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the egg and lemon juice. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and salt. Dip catfish into egg mixture, then coat with cornmeal mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Fry fillets, two at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Cornmeal-Crusted Catfish
Sort By :
You can use Old bay instead of the cajun seasoning if you prefer, and use japaneze panko crumbs instead of any white flour. You can also finely food processor chop cashews or pecans for a different flavor, just watch closely to not burn the nut topping!