- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (2-1/4 cups total).
- To prepare chicken: Place 3/4 cup coating mix in a resealable plastic bag. Dip chicken in butter; add chicken to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings per batch.
Originally published as Cornmeal-Coated Chicken in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p39
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cornmeal-Coated Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review