Cornmeal Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 6-1/2 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg, optional
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 to 5 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine milk and cornmeal. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add the sugar, butter and salt; cool to 110°-115°.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the eggs, cornmeal mixture and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 3. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 4. Meanwhile, place raisins in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Drain; set aside.
- 5. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle; brush with melted butter. Combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg if desired; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with raisins.
- 6. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut each into 12 slices. Place, cut side down, in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 7. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans on wire racks.
- 8. For frosting, combine the sugar, butter, cream cheese, extract and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Spread or drizzle over rolls. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 344 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Cornmeal Cinnamon Rolls
"I have been making these for years!! They are the best cinnamon rolls ever...I also make these for bake sales and they sell like hotcakes!!! I never use any other recipe!!! Thank you taste of home"