Cornmeal Cheese Muffins
Cornmeal Cheese Muffins are preferred over a a pan of corn bread at the Dallas, Oregon home of field editor Sherri Gentry. They're moist and tasty.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder
- and salt. In another bowl, mash cottage cheese with a fork; add the
- milk, oil and egg. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in cheddar cheese and thyme.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at
- 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan a wire rack. Serve warm
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 177 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 322 mg sodium,