Cornmeal Cheese Muffins are preferred over a a pan of corn bread at the Dallas, Oregon home of field editor Sherri Gentry. They're moist and tasty.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, mash cottage cheese with a fork; add the milk, oil and egg. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheddar cheese and thyme.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan a wire rack. Serve warm Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cornmeal Cheese Muffins in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p17
Reviews for Cornmeal Cheese Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review