Cornmeal Cheddar Biscuits Recipe
Unlike traditional biscuits, this cheesy version lets you drop them from a spoon...so there's no mess and no fuss...and no precious time wasted! Serve them fresh-from-the-oven with chili or your favorite soup or stew.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture crumbly. Stir in cheese and milk just until moistened.
- 2. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 177 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC