Cornmeal Cheddar Biscuits Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture crumbly. Stir in cheese and milk just until moistened.
- 2. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 177 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cornmeal Cheddar Biscuits
"I thought they were pretty boring. Dense and crumbly. Like cornbread. I've come to think that a biscuit is not a biscuit without buttermilk."
"These were perfect. Not dry like other biscuit recipes. They were not that cheesy so you could definitely increase the cheddar to a full cup like review cmgentzel suggested. Also, I ran out of milk so I used Vanilla Almond milk instead. So good. Really easy to make. Didn't bake longer than 12 mins. I'll make these all the time."
"These were so crispy and light...yum!"
"I made this recipe for the first time and we loved them!!! Although I increased the cheese to 1 cup. My family loved them and I will definitely make them again."