Cornmeal Catfish with Avocado Sauce Recipe
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Place the first five ingredients in a food processor; process until blended.
- In a shallow bowl, mix cornmeal and seafood seasoning. Dip catfish in cornmeal mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add catfish in batches; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Top with avocado sauce and chopped tomato. Yield: 4 servings (3/4 cup sauce).
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cornmeal Catfish with Avocado Sauce(2)
Sort By :
The whole family deemed this a "do-over"! :-) I followed the recipe exactly; wouldn't change a thing.
As a fan of avocados and creamy sauces I had to try this. I used Hake instead of Catfish which didn't make a difference to the result for me. Both the batter and sauce were a delicious combination. My 3 and 5 year old children ate all their portion of the fish and the sauce before they ate any of their side dishes. Quick and easy to prepare dish, and the sauce can used in place of sour cream on fish tacos.
More Recipe Collections
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Carb Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Quick Dinner Recipes >