Cornmeal Catfish with Avocado Sauce Recipe
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1. Place the first five ingredients in a food processor; process until blended.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, mix cornmeal and seafood seasoning. Dip catfish in cornmeal mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add catfish in batches; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Top with avocado sauce and chopped tomato. Yield: 4 servings (3/4 cup sauce).
1 fillet with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 505 calories, 37 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 649 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.