Cornmeal Catfish with Avocado Sauce Recipe
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1. Place the first five ingredients in a food processor; process until blended.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, mix cornmeal and seafood seasoning. Dip catfish in cornmeal mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add catfish in batches; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Top with avocado sauce and chopped tomato. Yield: 4 servings (3/4 cup sauce).
1 fillet with 3 tablespoons sauce: 505 calories, 37g fat (6g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 649mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Cornmeal Catfish with Avocado Sauce
"I'm actually just rating the avocado sauce. I added a splash of buttercream ranch to mine. The sauce was slathered on toast with a slice of Havarti, tomato slices and toasted Spam for a different and tasty breakfast. Umm!"
"The whole family deemed this a "do-over"! :-) I followed the recipe exactly; wouldn't change a thing."
"As a fan of avocados and creamy sauces I had to try this. I used Hake instead of Catfish which didn't make a difference to the result for me. Both the batter and sauce were a delicious combination. My 3 and 5 year old children ate all their portion of the fish and the sauce before they ate any of their side dishes. quick and easy to prepare dish, and the sauce can used in place of sour cream on fish tacos."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.