Cornish Hens Recipe
I LIKE this recipe for Cornish hens because it’s easy to do and a delicious entrée for two. The basting ingredients result in a beautifully browned hen, sealing in the juices so that it is moist, tender and quite flavorful.
- 2 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon browning sauce, optional
- 1. Place hens on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Combine the apple juice, soy sauce and browning sauce if desired; pour over hens.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Yield: 2 servings.
1 hen equals 721 calories, 48 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 349 mg cholesterol, 1,269 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 61 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC