Cornish Hens with Veggies Recipe
"It's easy to serve an elegant dinner when these nicely seasoned game hens with roasted vegetables are on the menu," remarks Arlene Lauritzen of Genoa, Illinois. "This bountiful platter makes such a pretty presentation for a special occasion."
- 4 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2-inch slices, optional
- Place the hens, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan; tie drumsticks together. Combine butter, rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper; spoon over hens. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, peel a 1-in. strip around the center of each potato. Place potatoes and carrots if desired in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain; add to roasting pan.
- Baste hens and vegetables with pan drippings. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and vegetables are tender. Strain pan drippings and thicken for gravy if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cornish Hens with Veggies in Country Woman January/February 2001, p40
Reviews for Cornish Hens with Veggies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Valentine's Day Dinner Recipes >