Cornish Hens with Potatoes Recipe
For a wonderful holiday meal with only a fraction of the work, consider Deborah Randall's savory submission. "This special slow-cooked dinner is delicious," she writes from Abbeville, Louisiana. "I serve it with green beans and French bread."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 6-8 hours YIELD:4 servings
- 4 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 large red potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Lemon-pepper seasoning and garlic powder to taste
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, brown hens in oil. Place the potatoes in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with the hens and bacon. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and garlic powder.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a thermometer reads 180° and potatoes are tender. Thicken the cooking juices if desired. Sprinkle the hens with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 636 calories, 46 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 201 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC