Cornish Hens with Potatoes Recipe
- 4 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 large red potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Lemon-pepper seasoning and garlic powder to taste
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, brown hens in oil. Place the potatoes in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with the hens and bacon. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and potatoes are tender. Thicken the cooking juices if desired. Sprinkle the hens with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cornish Hens with Potatoes(3)
Sort By :
i too was unimpressed. It was edible, but nothing to rave about. I felt it too bland and tasted more like boiled chicken than anything else.
A Benedict, you said what I was thinking! I made this today for the first time. Thankful that it was only DH and I here, and we didn't have company. They looked pale and awful, as did everything that came out of the crockpot. I did recipe exactly according to directions. It smelled up my kitchen something awful. DH said "Maybe this would have been edible, but the presentation looks AWFUL when the stuff comes out of the crockpot. We threw it all in the garbage and found some junk food to eat, instead. I lit a candle to clear the stench from the kitchen. DH saw me with a match and said "What are you trying to do, burn the recipe?" Don't waste your money on this one, folks.
My hens did not look anything like the picture; they were bland despite using 2 tsps each of lemon pepper and garlic powder. The hens looked pale and sickly. I won't do hens in slow cooker again.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- New Year's Side Dish Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >