For a wonderful holiday meal with only a fraction of the work, consider Deborah Randall's savory submission. "This special slow-cooked dinner is delicious," she writes from Abbeville, Louisiana. "I serve it with green beans and French bread."
- 4 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 large red potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Lemon-pepper seasoning and garlic powder to taste
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, brown hens in oil. Place the potatoes in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with the hens and bacon. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a thermometer reads 180° and potatoes are tender. Thicken the cooking juices if desired. Sprinkle the hens with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cornish Hens with Potatoes in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p20
Reviews for Cornish Hens with Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review