- Place on a greased rack in a roasting pan. Lightly brush hens with
- oil; loosely cover with foil. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the wine, 2 tablespoons orange juice
- and butter to a boil. Remove from the heat; set aside 1/4 cup for
- sauce and keep warm.
- Brush remaining mixture over hens. Bake 40-50 minutes longer or until
- meat juices run clear and a thermometer inserted in stuffing reads
- 165°, brushing every 15 minutes with glaze.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch,
- and remaining bouillon and orange juice until smooth. Stir in
- reserved glaze. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or
- until thickened. Serve with hens. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 Cornish hen equals 2,182 calories, 147 g fat (43 g saturated fat), 855 mg cholesterol, 1,347 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 148 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.