Cornish Hens with Cranberry Stuffing Recipe
Serving Cornish hens to our young sons makes them feel like kings! I often have to make extra stuffing to have on hand for leftovers. Marjorie O'Dell, Bow, Washington
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- Cut bread into 1/2-in. cubes; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 15 minutes or until toasted and dry. In a bowl, combine the cranberries, sugar, orange peel, salt and cinnamon; mix well. Stir in bread cubes and raisins. Add 1 tablespoon butter and enough orange juice until stuffing reaches desired moistness.
- Loosely stuff hens; rub skin with remaining butter. Place in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer inserted into stuffing reads 165°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cornish Hens with Cranberry Stuffing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p61
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cornish Hens with Cranberry Stuffing(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Cranberry Stuffing >
- Cranberry Stuffing Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >