- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Cornish game hen (20 to 24 ounces), split lengthwise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; sprinkle over hen halves. In a small skillet, cook hen halves over medium-high heat in oil until browned on both sides. Transfer to an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; set aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute green onion and garlic until tender. Stir in broth and orange juice concentrate; pour over hen halves. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until meat is tender and juices run clear. To serve, drizzle with pan juices and sprinkle with almonds and parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cornish Game Hens for Two in Simple & Delicious
Reviews for Cornish Game Hens for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review