Cornflake Waffles with Honey Sauce Recipe
The great flavor of these waffles is enhanced by the crispness of the cornflakes and by the sweet honey sauce. I like to serve these with fresh fruit and sausages.
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- HONEY SAUCE:
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a bowl, combine flour, cornflakes, baking powder and salt. Beat egg yolks lightly; add milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. For honey sauce, combine honey, syrup, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg in a saucepan. Cook and stir on medium-low until heated through. Yield: 8-10 waffles (about 6-1/2 inches).
Originally published as Cornflake Waffles with Honey Sauce in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p46
Reviews for Cornflake Waffles with Honey Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review