Cornflake Sweet Potato Casserole
Being from the South, I've always enjoyed sweet potatoes as standard fare. I'm always looking for new ways to prepare sweet potatoes, and this recipe is my favorite. The topping provides a crunchy delightful contrast to the consistency of the mashed sweet potatoes.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In large bowl, beat eggs. Add next five ingredients; mix well. Spoon
- into ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine topping
- ingredients; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake at 350° for 30-40
- minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 702 calories, 33 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 395 mg sodium, 99 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.