Cornflake Fried Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 3/4 cup crushed frosted cornflakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Whipped cream
- 1. Using a 1/2-cup ice cream scoop, form two scoops of ice cream. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm. In a small bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons cream and 1/8 teaspoon vanilla. In a shallow bowl, combine cornflakes and cinnamon. Dip scoops into cream mixture; roll in cornflakes. Set aside remaining cornflakes. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining cream and vanilla. Dip scoops into cream mixture; roll in remaining cereal mixture. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry each ice cream ball for 12-15 seconds or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with whipped cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (calculated without whipped cream) equals 323 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Cornflake Fried Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.