- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 3/4 cup crushed frosted cornflakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Whipped cream
- Using a 1/2-cup ice cream scoop, form two scoops of ice cream. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm. In a small bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons cream and 1/8 teaspoon vanilla. In a shallow bowl, combine cornflakes and cinnamon. Dip scoops into cream mixture; roll in cornflakes. Set aside remaining cornflakes. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining cream and vanilla. Dip scoops into cream mixture; roll in remaining cereal mixture. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry each ice cream ball for 12-15 seconds or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with whipped cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fried Ice Cream in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p17
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cornflake Fried Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 7, 2011
"I love making these..and eating them :) I have used butter pecan ice cream and added finely chopped nut to the cereal coating for a whole new flavor yumyum"