- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 3/4 cup crushed frosted cornflakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Whipped cream
- Using a 1/2-cup ice cream scoop, form two scoops of ice cream. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm. In a small bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons cream and 1/8 teaspoon vanilla. In a shallow bowl, combine cornflakes and cinnamon. Dip scoops into cream mixture; roll in cornflakes. Set aside remaining cornflakes. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining cream and vanilla. Dip scoops into cream mixture; roll in remaining cereal mixture. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry each ice cream ball for 12-15 seconds or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with whipped cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fried Ice Cream in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p17
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cornflake Fried Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 7, 2011
I love making these..and eating them :) I have used butter pecan ice cream and added finely chopped nut to the cereal coating for a whole new flavor yumyum