Cornflake Crisps Recipe
With oats, coconut, nuts, and butterscotch and chocolate chips, there's something for everyone in this cookie. It's my mom's recipe.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch YIELD:54 servings
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup each butterscotch, semisweet and milk chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Transfer to a larger bowl if necessary. Stir in the remaining ingredients until well blended.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 9 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 252 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC