With oats, coconut, nuts, and butterscotch and chocolate chips, there's something for everyone in this cookie. It's my mom's recipe.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup each butterscotch, semisweet and milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Transfer to a larger bowl if necessary. Stir in the remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 9 dozen.
Originally published as Cornflake Crisps in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p105
Reviews for Cornflake Crisps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2012
"This is now my new favorite coocalate chip cookie recipe. I love this recipe. I have made them 5 or 6 times"